02/10/2012

La Llegada

How it all started a week ago

Diana 

After some weeks full of excitement and hesitation, I am finally here, in a different place than before, with new people and lots of expectations. La Seu D'Urgell, the place that will contribute to my maturation, the village that will offer me new opportunities, wonderful places, fresh mountain air and new friends. During the road to La Seu, together with four new girls, two of them volunteers, the other two our tutors, I could already smell the air of change, and suddenly, I started to be anxious and fear the unknown.
The first two days were slightly tensed because of the sudden impact caused by these changes. After I met some of the people from the village who helped us, being kind and friendly...my mood changed :)
 
I became eager to discover every corner of the village and get to know the culture.
Streets and old buildings, invigorating mountain air dressed my soul in optimistic clothes. Also, the small incidents occurred, working together, decorating the apartment, trying to communicate in a foreign language, brought ​​me closer to the other two volunteers and at the same time helped us to get to know each other.
I hope that during these six months we’ll get to participate in many cultural activities, interact with youngsters, share personal experiences with others and remain with beautiful memories and friendships from La Seu.



 Sarah

¡Ya está! Hace unos años que tenía gana de irme a vivir fuera de Francia, unos meses que sabía que me iba a vivir a Cataluña, tres días que vivo en la Seu d´Urgell. 
¿Qué decir?
Ya he conocido muchas ciudades. Aquella en la que vivía, en Francia, y en la que dejé un poco de mí. Aquellas que visité, en Francia, España, Europa… Pero mi encuentro con la Seu d´Urgell es diferente. Aún si todavía no es mi ciudad, no estoy aquí como turista. Tengo una dirección aquí, una oficina en la que trabajo. Dentro de poco tendré un bar favorito, una panadería, un trayecto habitual  para ir al trabajo, tendré amigos aquí también…
Me ha encantado mi encuentro con la Seu. ¡Mirad como ya somos íntimas las dos que la llamo “La Seu” como si fuera una amiga de toda la vida!Desde hace cuatro meses que sabía que estaba aceptada en la oficina Jove Alt Urgell, tuve el tiempo de imaginar la Seu, de soñar con ella y, por fin, este viernes 7 de septiembre, la encontré. Es más grande, más bonita que como la imaginaba.  Con sus callecitas torcidas que dibujan su cuerpo, sus iglesias y casitas antiguas como joyas, sus montañas como ropas. Y sus habitantes, tan majos, acogedores…¡Segura que dentro de poco, me haré una catalana de verdad!
Adéu


 

  

Samyra

Wake-up call at 3:30. I’m about to Start my EVS. Six months in La Seu d’Urgell, a small city in Northern Spain. At Berlin Airport I regret my heavy luggage…but well, winter in La Seu might get cold. In Barcelona on the other hand, 27 degrees are welcoming me and my winter coats. 

 I’m glad to finally meet Diana, my Romanian room-mate for the next six months. Together we don’t feel as lost, in a city where they all speak Catalan. Two hours later, with our lovely Spanish tutors and Sarah, the third member of our international trio, we head “home” to La Seu. It’s weird seeing the Spanish landscape, which puts me in the mood of summer holidays, and knowing that this will be our home for the next half a year.
La Seu, with its 13000 habitants, is the capital of the region Alt Urgell and a lot bigger (and nicer) than I expected.  There are two rivers, parks, cute alleys and a lot of bars. What else? Well, we’ll find out in the next six months!

No comments:

Post a Comment